10 week course in Oxford & Waterperry
Discover the Wisdom Within
Courses in practical wisdom for everyday living.
A Satnav for Life
Philosophy aims to set you free. Free from pressures and worries, free from limiting ways of thinking, free to grow and be yourself.
Take your first steps to freedom with our 10 week course.
Local face-to-face course available in Oxford & Waterperry
Peace of Mind
Established 1937 in the UK. Delivering courses for over 80 years
Courses in practical wisdom for everyday living. Meet with like minded individuals.
This popular course is practical rather than academic and draws on sources of wisdom from East and West, past and present.
Explore Life To The Full… through 10 weekly sessions
How the introductory course works
This Oxford & Waterperry course offers a practical means to discover fully who we are, understand how to relate to the world we live in and see what gets in the way of being happy, peaceful and free.
Students are invited to see life as a place to test the words of the wise through practical and mindful exercises.
The ten weekly sessions explore central human questions through discussion, practical observation, conversation and reflection in good company.
- Students are encouraged to test the ideas put forward in practice for themselves, in the light of their own experience.
- A tutor presents philosophical ideas, and leads a discussion based on what arises in the group.
- Practical rather than academic with the emphasis on personal knowledge and experience.
- A Tool kit is provided of practical and mindful exercises.
- Fresh thinking you can put into practice today
- New insights, Fresh Perspectives, Expertise in good company
By attending this 10 week course you will learn practical exercises that will help you
- Uncover inner wisdom, potential and purpose
- Understand yourself and others
- Make better decisions
- Find contentment and simple happiness
- Discover the joy of living in the present moment
- Learn how to harness the transformative power of attention
- Reduce stress
Next Introductory courses
Practical Philosophy Enrolment
- Sat, 14 January 2023, 10:00 – 12:30 (Waterperry OX33 1LQ)
- Mon, 16 January 2023, 19:00 – 21:15 (Oxford OX1 2DH)
Introductory Offer £45.
How to Enrol
Find Us on the Map
Frequently asked questions
The course is practical in the sense that it takes philosophical ideas and shows how they can be of direct use in our everyday lives. The intention is to stimulate enquiry and through this expand the way we look at the world and ourselves.
Online or by calling 07856 197881.
If you register online, you will receive a confirmation email with your day of attendance. If you register by any means other than online, you will receive a receipt confirming your registration.
Yes, we have local venues at Oxford OX1 2BZ and at Waterperry House OX33 1LA. There are also many other local venues in other parts of the UK where you can attend the course face-to-face.
No, all you need is an open and enquiring mind. The course is intended for everyone, regardless of education, occupation, race, political or religious belief.
First you need to enrol on a course. The in-person courses are available in Oxford and Waterperry and at many other venues up and down the UK. A local Oxford map can be found on this page.
If you have any questions simply call us on 07856 197881 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What some of our students say...
“Absolutely loving the course!! …Really changing how I think about things and life in general.”
“...I am benefiting greatly from the content and the practical nature of it. Thank you, it is enriching my life.”
“The daily awareness exercises … have changed my thinking and I feel more relaxed about situations in the media and other aspects of my daily life.”
"The knowledge and experience that I have gained from the philosophy classes has helped me to discover more about myself and better prepare for dealing with life's daily surprises and challenges."